Today we bring you a recipe light and perfect for these hot days.
It is a cake that accepts any syrup and also with a touch of lemon to have that fresh citrus flavour.
- 240 grams of sugar.
- zest of one lemon.
- 4 eggs.
- 90 g of olive oil.
- 1 lemon yogurt.
- 1 packet of baking powder.
- 300 g flour pastries.
- A little bit of salt.
- butter to grease the mold.
Preheat oven to 180°C (356ºF).
Thoroughly grease the pan with butter. You can also use baking paper, if you use it try to cover completely the mould.
Sift the flour and set aside.
Mix the eggs and sugar in a bowl with a hand wand.
Incorporate oil and lemon yogurt and mix.
Clean the lemon and, with a grater, grate the skin over the mixture. It is important that only the outside of the lemon is grated, because if you get to the white part, it will leave a bitter taste.
Add the yeast, salt and flour that you previously sifted and mix.
Pour the batter into the greased pan and put in the oven for about 40-45 minutes, keep in mind that every oven is different so after 30 minutes pay attention to the cake.
Tips when making a sponge cake:
- The oven must preheated before putting the cake into it and be careful when cooking, as the cake can become deformed.
- Before putting the mould into the oven hit the counter with it in order to expel the excess air mass and make the mass fill all the gaps.
- In the oven use a grid instead of the tray, so the mixture will be heated evenly.
- We will know the cake is ready, when pinching it with a toothpick or knife, it comes out clean.
- Leave to cool on a rack just before unmolding, if you try to do it when still hot, it will shatter.
Once done, there is only one thing left, enjoying it!